Frontend Software Engineer (Medior) - Purpose Driven Scale-Up
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamProduct
We're looking for a frontend software engineer with relevant experience with TypeScript and React.
Join us in creating safe and sustainable supply chains
AgriPlace is a quickly growing software company based in Amsterdam that is committed to creating safe and sustainable supply chains. We achieve this by building solutions for the entire food supply chain. Firstly, we facilitate buyers of agricultural products by offering insight into the sustainability and food safety aspects of their suppliers. Secondly, we empower farmers to gain compliance certifications easily and at a lower cost.
By making these processes simpler and more insightful, we are helping buyers source more sustainably, and enabling farmers to produce safely and responsibly, this improves farmers' lives around the world by allowing them to sell more for a higher price.
We have a young, international, and rapidly growing team of 25 people passionate about making a positive impact and creating the largest agricultural network in the world. We already manage €20 billion in agricultural goods and have customers in over 16 countries.
We offer the possibility to work from our office in Amsterdam or partly remote. Room for growth and creating a healthy work environment have priority over ‘keeping things formal.
About the Position
To keep up with our current pace of growth we are looking for a passionate frontend developer who is looking for a position where they can develop themselves further. As we are a young and growing organisation there is a lot of room to grow and learn together with us.
Do you enjoy finding pragmatic solutions for interesting problems? Are you looking for real ownership and the opportunity to play a vital role in a rapidly growing company? Then come join our team, make an impact and have fun while doing it!
Technologies You'll Be Using
- Redux (Plus Redux Toolkit)
- Material UI
- AWS (CDK, S3)
Benefits of Joining Agriplace
- You'll be part of a rapidly expanding, diverse, and international team of 25+ people.
- Competitive salary, in-line with industry standards.
- Pension plan for you and your partner.
- A flexible mix of in-office and at-home working days each week.
- A culture that embraces innovation, with hackathon weeks to experiment with new ideas.
- Regular team activities, BBQs, boat parties, much more…
- You'll be helping to create a better future for farmers and the world!
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or another relevant degree. Or at least a year of working experience as a frontend engineer.
- Knowledge of Typescript, React and Redux
- Desire to get hands-on experience with all aspects of frontend web development.
- Experience with frontend testing frameworks e.g. Cypress
- Experience in working with RESTful API's
- A pragmatic thinker - highest value with minimal effort
Nice To Haves
- Experience working in agile teams using processes such as SCRUM.
- Experience doing UI/UX design
- Experience working full stack
- Developing REST APIs on a backend project
- Familiar with object-oriented programming and backend technologies like Python, Java, NodeJS, Django, Flask, Spring Boot
- Familiar with database and ORM technologies like Postgres, MongoDB, Django ORM, SQL Alchemy, Hibernate
- Building and maintaining new features for the Agriplace Chain platform
- Integrating with the REST API build by the team
- Helping to build and maintain a CI/CD pipeline.